Forums

Topic: Next Nintendo Direct?

Posts 15,881 to 15,900 of 16,029

Noble_Haltmann

New cryptic Pyoro tweet just dropped. Probably hinting at a Nintendo World Championships event this year but they did like someone's reply that (seemingly jokingly) suggested that the multiple "SWs" refer to multiple switches.

Edited on by Noble_Haltmann

One of two people in the world who thinks Sunshine is the best Mario game.

CaleBoi25

Hmmmm... interesting.

SplatComp

Don't tell the me moon is shining;
show me the glint of light on broken glass.
-Anton Chekhov

Sorry, I can't stop changing my PFP!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3225-4369-7994 | My Nintendo: CaleBoi25

steruphan

I'd love it if they launched their next console with multiple SKUs to choose from.
Hopefully, one of them has an OLED screen.

Shining Light on Stories Told

PikminMarioKirby

Honestly not sure what this means, although I feel like it's likely just NSO.

I will wait for pyoro to either hopefully elaborate or makes a new teaser.

NES remix 3?!?!?

-
I don't believe Pyoro knows much inside info in terms of a console, personally. Also, I believe this picture comes from the Super Mario Wiki, if anyone wanted to know.

Edited on by PikminMarioKirby

Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door Remake HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OctolingKing13

THE BIRD HAS BROKEN HIS SILENCE
explain fat penguin please

Taylor from Blank Space was my old pfp if anyone gets confused. this is tay from he latest album
I LOVE OCTO SHOT REPLICA
cats are the best

rallydefault

I've said this before, but some of these leak tweets... I feel like we're in a political internet cult or something, waiting for the prophesied day to arrive or whatever lol, connecting seemingly random numbers and letters to stuff we want to happen.

If this guy has inside info, why doesn't he just say it in plain language? For clicks? Do people enjoy this sort of delivery more?

rallydefault

FishyS

@rallydefault I can think 2 reasons:

1. If they are too explicit they might be endangering their job and/or other source if it becomes easy to figure out who has that info and if it is damaging enough to annoy Nintendo.

2. Considering that most of their info only comes a few days before it is publicly released anyways, it's not like we are getting particularly useful info. Dropping obscure hints makes it a little less spoiling and more something to discuss. More fun for everyone. Ironically, other leakers are more naturally fun discussion rather than spoiling because they don't have the reputation for reliability Pyoro does. If Pyoro said literally everything about e.g. a Direct happening in 2 days, the leaks wouldn't really be fun anymore.

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

rallydefault

@FishyS
Yea, I see what you're saying, but for me some of that psychology is uncomfortably close to conspiracy theorizing and similar stuff that leads to an unhealthy mindset.

I think people would still be pretty stoked if Pyoro would just tweet "Direct next week!" or "World Championship is coming back!"

But I can see how it's all a retention thing to be cryptic. Entertainment, entertainment, entertainment.

rallydefault

FishyS

@rallydefault The best conspiracy about Pyoro is that it's actually a totally official Nintendo account used to dribble out small leaks to keep us excited. 😝

Seems unlikely; I assume it is just a team member on some Nintendo or Nintendo-adjacent social media or video editing team who enjoys the attention.

And you're right, for things like Direct dates or events, Pyoro could 100% be more cough direct and just tell us. That part isn't really spoiling; it's honestly annoying Nintendo won't give more advanced warning. For detailed contents of a direct I kind of like the more obscure hints — like the elephant, wonder, flower hint for Mario Wonder; on the one hand it was a big leak, but on the other hand it was head-scratching enough to not truly spoil things.

As for conspiracizing about such topics, I think it's fine (and not unhealthy) as long as people don't take it too seriously. Like most of the arguments and discussion on this forum, it's pretty much all in good fun. Obviously there are exceptions but it's always possible to turn fun into something unhealthy. I do get your point though since a lot of the internet likes to crawl past fun discussion and straight into unhealthy and mildly terrifying conspiracy.

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Noble_Haltmann

rallydefault wrote:

Entertainment, entertainment, entertainment.

Exactly, it's all about entertainment! None of us actually worship Nintendo or think Pyoro is summoning a direct with some witchcraft. This thread is designed for us fans to speculate wildly and we do so because we think it's fun that Nintendo is an unpredictable company that keeps us on our toes.

One of two people in the world who thinks Sunshine is the best Mario game.

Novamii

@Noble_Haltmann Precisely, whether the info's right or wrong, real or fake, it doesn't really matter. News, rumors, leaks, etc. are all just topics to kick off some fun conversations and hypotheticals. Even with the debates, hot takes and such, most of us are aware that it's all just fun chit-chat about a hobby we love, and don't take it TOO seriously. It's about games, they're supposed to be fun. And as a wise man once said: "If it's not fun, why bother?"

Idealism and realism are only a few letters apart, it's a fine line between the two. One must be careful not
to step too far on one end, as it could very easily throw the other off balance.

My Current Games: (Taking a break and leaving my gamer dungeon before TTYD.)

Lazz

I love this topic and speculation is fun...but we've had soooo much time devoted to the next Switch system, speculating. I've hit a wall with it now, just want to hear something about the new machine. Once we have a confirmation, I think I will better enjoy the speculation, again.

Nick

NintendoByNature

I just want some gosh darn games for the 2nd half. Not expecting anything new hardware related til much MUCH later in the year. Possibly even early next year. Stinks knowing I only have 1 absolute day 1 switch buy for me this year. At least as it stands.

NintendoByNature

Novamii

@Lazz I feel that! As fun as it is speculating what's next, a part of me looks forward to putting that behind us just so we can talk about what it CAN do, rather than what it might do. We can have fun talking about actual, concrete info. System specs, games, and all of that fun stuff, rather than coming up with CSI style corkboards about what may or may not even exist. I can't help but look at us and think of the Pepe Silvia meme. (If any of you know, you know.) XD

Idealism and realism are only a few letters apart, it's a fine line between the two. One must be careful not
to step too far on one end, as it could very easily throw the other off balance.

FishyS

@NintendoByNature Only one day-1 for me first half of this year too (Peach). We got spoiled last year with so many exciting games.

FishyS

Lazz

My only day 1 buy this year was the Star Wars Battlefront Collection, and we all know how that turned out... this will be the year where I can finally make a dent in my backlog, so I guess that is good?
@Novamii - yes, looking forward to the day where we can speculate based on facts.
I am cautiously optimistic that we may get more news next week, that would be nice.

Nick

Grumblevolcano

We know that if there's a July physical game (so far every Switch year has had a July physical game), it would need to have been announced by the end of May.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

PikaPhantom

@Grumblevolcano There have been multiple instances of first-party Switch games being announced 2 weeks before their launch with physical copies available (Super Mario 3D All-Stars, Metroid Prime Remastered).

Edited on by PikaPhantom

PikaPhantom

Novamii

@Grumblevolcano @PikaPhantom I believe Zero Missions 20th anniversary is this month in Japan (I know it's not physical, but it's worth mentioning.) Could shadow drop that along with potentially some Prime content (2 Remastered or 2+3 standard up-res' like Pikmin. Both that and Prime Remastered got physical releases not TOO long after their digital launches.), even in a Direct Mini. Might not be a ton, but it'd be something while still hyping people up for Prime 4 (Whatever century that releases.)

Edited on by Novamii

NintendoByNature

@FishyS yea for sure. I bought alot day 1 last year. The only game I grabbed day 1 this year wasn't even a nintendo game, being prince of persia.

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic